Saturday, January 28, 2012

Old Chuangsha Home







Despite the rain, I am glad I made it out there since it's back to work tomorrow after the Chinese New Year break. The weather did not stop boys in several villages from lighting firecrackers, but for the rest most places were quiet since the majority of migrant workers are still in their home provinces. Demolition to make room for new developments have all been put on hold for now, and most shops were still closed.
South of Chuangsha I came upon this old home with an inner courtyard that had been restored. The young couple that lived there was hospitable enough to show me the inside of what probably dates back to the 1930s.

1 comment:

Warren said...

such an interesting traditional home...I like the roof edge designs especially. thanks Evert!