Monday, January 23, 2012

January Rides

Despite the winter temperatures this January, I've been out in the Pudong countryside on my mountain bike three times now, which feels fantastic. Yesterday I ventured NE, and covered some new territory. And as always, if I come across kids, I stop and chat with them. Special moments; for them, because it's probably the first time they've ever spoken to a foreigner; for me, because I can never get enough of a child's heart. Played some soccer with the boys in their yard.


2 comments:

Warren said...

I like your commentary and your spirit Evert! The thought of this foreigner dropping rather randomly into the lives of these boys and playing some soccer wonderfully captures the joy of exploring..

Evblog said...

Thanks! These rides are the highlight of my week...