Saturday, April 14, 2007

Shocking Shorts


Spring has arrived in its fullest, so I've been in the saddle (on my bike, that is) almost every Saturday and Sunday morning. My neighbours and I have been following routes I've taken before, but a new season, new faces, new small roads that meander through small villages and the countryside continue to feed my curiosity and keep me in shape. The villagers look in shock either to see a foreigner or a person in shorts (or most likely both), but a simple "ni hao" brings a friendly smile to their faces and children are all too eager to pose for a picture. Could do without the unpredictable car drivers, for many of them traffic rules are there to be broken. Not unlike business here, it seems the end justifies the means, as long as you get there.

No comments: