Saturday, March 03, 2007

Routine Route


Biked my usual route in Pudong (when I bike alone); first the stretch along the highway, then through a small village along the canal (put some air in my tire and spoke to the old men on the bench - they know me now), then through the wet dirt road with potholes to see if my friends from Anhui are still there (See my previous Dec post). Most of the homes and shacks had already been taken down and many had moved away already. Some of the men on the road still recognized me and, as usual, ask me whether I am not cold in my shorts. Before long they will all be gone, but hopefully (and most likely) to slightly better conditions. The garbage sorters were still there too; the place has piles of shoes, plastic bags, tires, etc. Two boys followed me in the village for a while, see the picture below of my new friends.


No comments: